Friday, January 29, 2010

Congo (165) Luebo, Congo 9/11/1927 [DCS]

Luebo

Sept. 11, 1927

Dearest homefolks:

I made notes for your last letter but did not get to finish and now I have lost the notes and can't remember where I left off.

I do remember that I wanted to say that I was most sure Edd never burned my letters as he said he had done, but I can't see how he could hurt me with them. I am certainly surprised Dedye told you. Can you give any reason for her doing so? They may be trying to bring up something I said, perhaps about Kiam letter opening, but they have known for years we thought they did that. I told Douglas one time, I think. I am not worrying about it, you may be sure. Rubye has written me some very nice letters since I have been back this time, and I want to write her in this mail. I'm sorry I have not written since she was hurt.

I hate to think about having to learn to drive over again, but it seems that Fords will be very much out of style by the time we get home.

I am so glad Hickman and Nettie got that nice Radio. I know they will enjoy it. I never hear you speak of yours. Do you never use it?

Where is the grist mill to be, and do you mean it is to be run by water power?

Was so sorry to hear of the death of your friend, Mrs. Southern. It seems that they must be mighty close friends to have kept up with us for so many years. It hurts me to think of all the good friends I could have, too, if I would only write and keep up with them. I don't know anything I have enjoyed more lately than a letter from Miss Cassie from Kerrville.

I hope the visit from the senators will do good and I am looking forward to their articles.

I am waiting to write Nettie until the package comes, and I can write more specifically about things. I hope she has sent the bill with the things. If she made a trip to Houston to get them, I want to pay her fare, too, because it means so much to me to have them. I have made 2 large and about 6 small stars out of tin foil for decorations and they are so pretty.

As I want to write some more letters, I will close.

Love to all,

Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment