Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Congo (162) Luebo, Congo 8/11/1927 [DCS]

Luebo

August 11, 1927

Dearest homefolks:

Things are going very well with us. I believe B.M.'s eyes seem to be better. My great interest at present is my garden and it is doing so well. I am hoping to reap it before we go home. The rains won't begin before the 1st or middle of Sept. but I am getting my tomatoes, eggplants, peppers,cabbage, celery, etc., started now in raised beds. We are having turnip greens today from raised beds besides celery and lettuce. I want to raise your garden for you when I get home. I think I have the "craze." I love to watch things grow.

I wrote you a nice long letter last week so I am going to stop now and write to Mrs. Stixrud. She has had a very serious operation since she has been home but is all right now, I think. She sent us a Kodak picture of their family. It's real good. They and Stegalls are at Montreat for the summer. We hear Steg has some serious spinal trouble caused by S.S. treatment.

We are having quite a lot of entertaining to do. Two cars came in last night.

Lots of love,

Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment