Friday, December 25, 2009

Congo (129) Lusambo, Congo 9/24/1925 [DCS]

Lusambo Fri. Sept. 4, 1925

Dearest homefolks:

We have had lots of company since I wrote you last and for that reason I did not get you a letter off on last Friday. That was a pretty full day with me. The day before on Thursday, The Texas and also the two nurses we had been expecting up from the pool came in on the same day and I had a big dinner on Fri. with 8 people, and had to set two tables. We had thirteen visitors in all that day, but our company all comes by spells. Don't think we often are that popular. The Texas left the next day after it got in and the two nurses it brought left a few days after for the pool. Both of those ladies were from Dallas. I meant Texas, but one of them is from Dallas. She said she was going to write and tell you how sweet and cute Max is, but I don't think she will as she didn't write down your address. The Texas returns next week with the Committee who are to decide about Lusambo. Also three of our missionaries from Mutoto are coming.

We took some pictures of Max the other day--just a few days before he was a year old. Some are not very good, but we are going to send you the negatives and have you have them printed and send us some. I hope to take some better ones in a few days.

I am doing quite a bit of sewing this week trying to get enough rompers made to start Max in rompers and am making myself my voile. I can't tell how it's going to turn out yet. I think Max looks cute in rompers, but I hate to take him out of white dresses.

A telegram came from Mr. Kinman, the Methodist man who was in Brussels when we were there the first time. He is on the Lapsley coming up river.

They are fixing up our house for us at Luebor making a few changes and putting on a tin roof. There isn't any glass, so we won't have any windows.

I can't think of a thing interesting to say. I am tired as I have been sewing all day, but am feeling much better than I did two or three weeks ago. Haven't had a letter from you in a long time, but we expect one Monday.

Love to all,

Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment