Saturday, February 6, 2010

Congo (173) Luebo, Congo 2/5/1928 [BMS] [DCS]

Luebo, Congo Beige, Africa
Feb. 5, 1928
Dear Will:
This is just a short letter to let you know about our plans. We will probably leave here about the first of March for the States, reaching New York along the first or middle part of April. We are due to stay four years this term, but as I have been having trouble with my eyes for about a year now, I am coming home to have them examined and new glasses fitted. The trouble seems to be that my eyes have changed from the glasses I have been wearing.
All of us are quite well otherwise. Max is doing as well as we could wish for, and growing fast.
Hope you folks had good crops this last year. I believe you were going to move this year to a new place, but as I haven't your address am writing you at your old one.
If you get this letter in time, we would appreciate having a letter from you when we reach New York. If you write the first part of April, it will no doubt reach us. Address us at LATHAM HOTEL, New York City. Or you can just write us at Dorothy's home, where we will first go; address us at PINCKNEY, TEXAS.
Trust this finds all of you well and that we will hear from you. With love to all.
Your brother and family,
Bruno and Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment