Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Congo (86) Luebo, Congo 11/7/1922 [DCS]

Luebo, Nov. 7, 1922

Dearest homefolks:

Just a few lines to tell you that we are well and happy. The Lapsley leaves this morning for the Pool and I must write a hurried note to you.

The Lapsley arrived yesterday with part of our delegates from the Mission Meeting. The Stegalls , Miss Black, Mrs. Allen and the Daumerys. Mr. McKinnon and Mr. Craig went by Mutoto and Georgia by Bibanga and Mutoto and won't be back for two or three weeks. I'm holding down the school while Georgia's away and believe me I'm mighty anxious to see her back. Now is when I wish I had some of Mother's wisdom and experience in teaching.

The mission meeting made several changes in Luebo station. The Andersons, Dorothy and her husband, are sent here to take Stegall's place; they will leave sometimes in February for home. Also there is an exchange of a couple with Bulape. Hobsons sent back here and Allens sent there, but we are hoping to interfere with this in some way.

We can't bear to think of losing the Allens ; they are such valuable workers. Hobsons are also fine and I believe B. M. and I could get along with them fine now, but what is the use of an exchange like that in the middle of a term. Savals are also sent here and Edmistons to Mutoto. I don't know that this is very interesting to you, but it means so much to us, this change of missionaries that I have to tell you.

Later. Just so much excitement and I'm too busy to write more. Will write a long letter later.

Love,

Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment