Sunday, February 21, 2010

Last Letter and More Information

The previous post, letter number 175 from April 15, 1928, was the final letter in this series. Dorothy (my grandmother) and her then husband B.M. divorced a few years after returning to Texas. B.M. (Bruno Maxwell) died in 1964 at age 75 and Dorothy died in 1986 at age 86.

I must say I was surprised at how long it took me to get all the way through this. While I started by re-typing the letters from a photocopy of the already transcribed and printed letters, I quickly realized the magnitude of the job and had a copy shop scan and apply OCR. Most of the work then consisted of cleaning up errors, adding links, reading (of course!), and creating the actual entries and scheduling for publication.

I hope some of you out there following this blog enjoyed some of these letters. I will be posting a few photos of relevant people mentioned in the letters. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments about the congoletters blog.

Best,

Mark Evans
Ann Arbor, MI
February 21, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,

    My Grandmother lived in Luebo with her missionary parents and I believe also your family members as well. Would love to swap stories.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father-in-law, Joseph Nsenda Nkasu, trained as a pastor at Luebo before 1920. He then worked at the Bible school at Mutoto.

    ReplyDelete